[Hbcudisability] FW: National Deaf Center on Postsecondary Outcomes (NDC) - Survey Opportunity for students and faculty

Wendy Harbour wendy at ahead.org
Fri Jan 25 11:04:04 EST 2019

I may have forwarded this information already, so my apologies for any duplication.  The original email has been edited to make it accessible.  The link to the survey is embedded below, but I'll provide it here, as well: https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/project-opening-doors.  Please contact the National Deaf Center with questions - I'm just forwarding this and am not involved in any way.

Wendy Harbour

Project Opening Doors<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/project-opening-doors> (link: nationaldeafcenter.org/project-opening-doors) is a research project of the National Deaf Center on Postsecondary Outcomes<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/> (NDC) (link: nationaldeafcenter.org), a technical assistance and dissemination center funded by the U.S. Department of Education.

Project Opening Doors<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/project-opening-doors> is conducting research on student and faculty perspectives on accessibility and inclusion of deaf students at postsecondary institutions across the United States. They are looking for students and faculty to complete a survey. The results of these surveys will be used to enhance and customize technical assistance for students, faculty and institutions and to help them better understand the current state of accessibility in higher education.

Please share this with students and colleagues who might be interested in completing the survey.

Project Update: Students and Faculty Still Needed!

NDC believes accessibility should be a part of the classroom and campus life in order to promote #deafsuccess. Project Opening Doors has captured responses from over 300 students and faculty. We know this amount of responses would not have been possible without your help. NDC thanks you for your support.

We need more responses from both groups! In order for us to have the largest sample possible, we need your continued help. Survey responses help to better understand the current state of accessibility and inclusiveness of deaf students in higher education. The survey results will also be used to shape how NDC supports students and professionals in the field.

Students and Faculty: take the survey now<http://nationaldeafcenter.org/pod>!

Students who complete the survey by 11:59 p.m. ET on January 31 will be entered into a prize drawing. Our first winner will be selected at random on February 1st and receive a brand-new 9.7" iPad (6th Generation).

If you have any questions for the nav team... contact us today by emailing help at nationaldeafcenter.org<mailto:help at nationaldeafcenter.org> or filling out our online form at: nationaldeafcenter.org/help<http://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/help>

NDC | nav team
Tia Ivanko, Lore Kinast, Dave Litman, Stephanie Zito
National Deaf Center on Postsecondary Outcomes (NDC)
Email: help at nationaldeafcenter.org<mailto:help at nationaldeafcenter.org>
Web: nationaldeafcenter.org/help<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/get-help>
Phone/VP: (512) 256-6344

Connect with NDC!
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B_65u08AVPDYQ0dTRHR2d09PSnM&revid=0B_65u08AVPDYODZLYy9hTVcxWnZhVnp2ams0RDlZV21oeVhvPQ]<http://facebook.com/nationaldeafcenter>[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B_65u08AVPDYdGltMEtLbktVdG8&revid=0B_65u08AVPDYNE15dm9MU3Vid2pqWTE4c01KVVFXNi9IbFYwPQ]<http://twitter.com/nationaldeafctr> [https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B_65u08AVPDYQjBZR3VBNHFBNkU&revid=0B_65u08AVPDYNlBJd2RkQXhHMUlOT1R6YmRqMzFtNXkwSmtVPQ] <http://instagram.com/nationaldeafcenter>

NDC is a technical assistance and dissemination center funded by the U.S. Department of Education, OSEP #HD326D160001. Disclaimer: the contents of this email do not necessarily represent the policy of the U.S. Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the federal government.